Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Land I Love...

Ten days ago I returned to the beautiful place I call home - Maine. At first I was busy helping with preparations for Christmas and visiting relatives, then once dear family from away did arrive, I tried to devote some time to them - which, as much as I love them, was harder than I expected. We all know we're inherently selfish, but when it's smashed in our faces every day, it can be more than a little disheartening. It made me want to avoid God, honestly, so I would read peripherally in my Bible,  spend little time in prayer - even though I knew I wanted to, and moreover, really, really needed to.  “Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.” Matthew 26:41 So I was sad, and angry with myself. How would I find the strength to step out of my hole?
God is merciful, and He shows us happiness and love even when we're too discouraged to look for it ourselves. So He reached through my distress and touched my heart, even though by any human standards I totally didn't deserve it. 

 My adorable parents.
 Me and Joel.

                                                                               :)
                                                                     I love Julie!

I'm very happy now. :) Today I went skiing with my adorable cousins and siblings and parents at Mt. Abrams, which I really enjoyed. In the evening we all went to dear Penners! I've missed my amazing friends, they are my best. We played pictionary and travailed over trying to learn Imaginiff -- we laughed over that. My beautiful friends, how I've missed you!
Thank-you Penners for inviting us over! We are all thankful for each other.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Elissa.

Christy Joy said...

It was so good to see you Elissa! And we STILL didn't get a picture together!!!!